

**CFCI ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETING**  
**1/20/2022**  
**CAPTIONED BY TOTAL RECALL, [www.yourcaptioner.com](http://www.yourcaptioner.com)**

**4:00PM**

VERONICA LEWIS: Good afternoon, everyone. I have the community agreement ready to pull up. Are you willing to read the community agreement review today?

>>: I want to do a sound check.

>>: We can hear you. Thank you. We can hear you.

>>: I am here.

>>: Thank you.

>>: Can I say hi? I sent you a message. I want you to know that I admire and appreciate you so much. I am doing my part to make a difference with this virus and all. I thank you.

>>: That is so kind of you. I read all your notes. I don't have an opportunity.

>>: I understand.

>>: It makes a huge difference.

>>: I am glad I get to see you.

VERONICA LEWIS: Thank you for your diligence and being real and honest. I appreciate all your efforts.

>>: We are all in this together. It has been challenging time. I feel blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful people.

VERONICA LEWIS: The weight on your shoulders is a lot different. I want to acknowledge we appreciate that. Let me know when you think you have caught everyone. Then we can get started.

>>: My alternate will be picking up about midway through this meeting.

VERONICA LEWIS: Yes. Thank you for the reminder. If you can just let me know. We will make sure to make her cohost.

>>: I will text you all.

VERONICA LEWIS: Thank you.

>>: Hello. I am here.

>>: Jared O'Bryan.

>>: I can.

VERONICA LEWIS: If there is no one else, we have a lot to cover today. Let us get started. I will hit record.

>>: Admitted all.

VERONICA LEWIS: Good afternoon. Welcome to the committee meeting on Thursday, January 20, 2022, at 4:00 PM. This meeting is called to order. Please give the disclaimers at this time.

>>: Good afternoon. This meeting is being recorded for the purpose of meeting minutes. This is a public meeting. Since conversations in the chat are not visible to people on the phone

and people who can't participate virtually, it is limited to technical assistance. There will be no response of public comments to the committee members. If you want to comment, you can do so during public comment or the general public comment period.

Closed caption, cart services are available. You may access these services by clicking on the stream text link which I will place into the chat after I finish with these. Raise hands. When accessing Zoom, at the bottom tab, scroll to reactions.

When using smart phone, scroll to more. For anyone experiencing online technical difficulties, dial information will be provided in the chat. For those on the phone, star nine to raise your hand. Star six to unmute. For Spanish, click on the globe icon. Select Spanish. For written publish comments to be reviewed prior to the meeting, should be submitted by 5:00 PM the day before.

They will be shared with the members before the meeting. Written comments through the end will be made part of the public record for the meeting. This is the reading of meeting disclosures. If any members have joined since, please raise your hand. People acting as members today.

I can give you cohost privileges.

VERONICA LEWIS: Thank you. Please call the role to establish quorum.

>>: Hello. I will call the role. Member Andrews.

>>: Here.

>>: Alstead or alternative?

>>: I think she is not on here.

>>: Are you here acting as member?

VERONICA LEWIS: We can come back.

>>: Cabahol?

>>: Here.

>>: Castillo.

>>: I think the alternate is here.

VERONICA LEWIS: Bambi is alternate today.

>>: Cronc or alternate? It looks like Corey is here. He  
can't unmute.

>>: Member Cyrus.

>>: Here.

>>: Thank you. Member Early or alternate? Member Early? I  
will come back. Member Ferrera.

>>: Present.

>>: I am here but couldn't unmute.

>>: Member Garcia.

>>: Present.

>>: Thank you. Galley.

>>: Here.

>>: Member Hernandez.

>>: Present.

>>: Thank you. Member Jimenez.

>>: Present.

>>: Chair Veronica Lewis.

VERONICA LEWIS: Present.

>>: Member O'Bryan.

>>: Present.

>>: Thank you. Lobianco.

>>: Present.

>>: Scoonover.

>>: Thank you.

>>: Member Sharon.

>>: Present.

>>: Member Soto or alternate.

>>: Yes. Hi. Voting member. I will be a voting member for today's meeting.

>>: Thank you. Member Steele.

>>: Present.

>>: Stevens.

>>: Present.

>>: Vera.

>>: Present.

>>: Williams.

>>: Present.

>>: I will go back to member Castillo or the alternate. I see Bambi.

>>: I was not able to unmute before. I am here.

>>: Member Crunk.

>>: I am here.

>>: Thank you so much.

>>: We have a quorum with 17 members and six alternates.

VERONICA LEWIS: Thank you for being here. We will start the meeting with land acknowledgment by one of our vice chairs.

>>: Good evening. I am with the Quazu folks. I am residing in the original name of the LA basin. I have been sick with COVID-19. The second year of the pandemic. Some medicine or sage. I will begin. We want to give a land acknowledgment.

Recognize the land beneath our feet. The land of a people who lived in Los Angeles County and the surrounding areas. We currently reside among us still the [FOREIGN LANGUAGE]. The original and traditional caretakers of this land that live and thrive among us.

These native people respected the land. The winged ones. Their hearts told them to never take more than they could use. These people are still here today living and breathing and giving back to the community that is around us. Thank you to all our ancestors. I will pass it back to you.

>>: Next up is review of our community agreement. Sophia will read that for us.

>>: Be respectful of the diverse voices. Prioritize and defer to community. Make sure you speak with clarity. Be collaborative. Assume best intentions. Challenge the idea, not

the person. Remember why we are here for the black, brown and Indigenous communities. Also, low income communities. Nonconforming. Transparency. Be intentional about allowing space for additional voices.

Be an active participant. Let equity lead the way. Make spaces for youth voices. Allow community members to finish their sentence or thought during public comment. Review community agreements before every meeting. Begin the meetings with the land acknowledgment statement recognized the people of the land we now call Los Angeles County.

VERONICA LEWIS: Minutes from our meeting two weeks ago. January 6, 2022. I will open this for corrections.

>>: I tried opening the minutes just now. I am getting an error that the document isn't available.

VERONICA LEWIS: Did anyone other members experience that? Not being able to access it?

>>: Yes. This morning. I couldn't access it.

>>: You may need to clear your history for them to show. They should be showing now, if not, I will need to repeat the action. They should be showing if you click on link now.

>>: I tried to update it. It still doesn't work for me.

VERONICA LEWIS: Are you able to put the link in the chat?

>>: If you access the document, there are two documents. I went in there. It is working fine.

VERONICA LEWIS: Okay. Thank you. Are you able to put it in the chat? So members and the public can access it? I wouldn't want to call a vote on something people can't review. Was anyone able to view the minutes? Do you want to wait until you can review the minutes? Members?

>>: I am moving forward. It is important to have access to the minutes. I understand that we have some new members. We should take some time for people to review them. I will make the motion to move them forward.

>>: I second.

VERONICA LEWIS: Thank you.

>>: This is Christina. I don't see where to access them?

VERONICA LEWIS: Do you have access to the chat? Do you have access to the chat feature right now?

>>: Yes. I see it there.

VERONICA LEWIS: Okay. I will give it a minute or so to take a look. I will take any public comment.

>>: We reached public comments. Please state your full name for the minutes. Star nine on the phone. We will call out the last digits when it is your turn. State your full name before starting your comment.

VERONICA LEWIS: Do you have any comments for January 6th? If so, please use the Zoom function to raise your hand.

>>: I wanted to flag. I just tried clearing my cache. I still can't see the documents.



VERONICA LEWIS: Can you access it in the chat?

>>: I am getting the same error from that link as well. I don't know if there are any suggestions.

>>: Can you e-mail it to her. Below the link is the PDFs. I can access the PDF. You may have a popup blocker.

VERONICA LEWIS: We will send it to you.

>>: I notice that last meeting and the opening public comment, it is my name listed. I am not sure if the actual comments of people are being captured on the minutes. I think that is important.

VERONICA LEWIS: ATI team. Do you want to respond?

>>: Minutes are not typically capturing each comment. They are listed. If you want to make sure it is included, you can send a written public comment. They are documented as to who made a comment during the meeting. They are documented as to who provided a comment.

>>: I think it is a little contradictory. Not a lot of people submit written public comments. I am wondering if people who are making suggestions, how are they following through or considered. That is a concern.

>>: We can look into that and get back to you shortly. We will look into that.

VERONICA LEWIS: Thank you. Dr. Galley.

>>: I want to suggest that we use the live transcript that runs across the screen. It is already there. I believe that is

what is done in the board meetings. It provides the full scope of whatever one had to say. Maybe that is one solution.

VERONICA LEWIS: A link as part of the minutes? Not the transcript being the minutes.

>>: Having that added as a link.

VERONICA LEWIS: Okay. Is that feasible?

>>: Sure.

VERONICA LEWIS: That resolves it. I think we are still trying to make sure the recordings are easily accessible. That should resolve. Joey.

>>: I was going to ask about the postings. Maybe if the broadcast link are in the minutes. It may help.

>>: We can look into that as well.

VERONICA LEWIS: Thank you. Any other comments? We have a motion on the floor. Thank you for your thoughts and raising that up hearing no voices, please call for the vote.

>>: I will call for the motion to approve the minutes from the last meeting. Andrews.

>>: Aye.

>>: Carbahol.

>>: Aye.

?: Bambi.

>>: Aye.

>>: Corey.

>> Aye.

>>: Cedrick.

>>: Aye.

>>: Early.

>>: Aye.

>>: Ferrera.

>>: Aye.

>> Member Galley.

>> Aye.

VERONICA LEWIS: Aye.

>>: Lobianco.

>>: Aye.

>>: Scoonover.

>>: Aye.

>>: Sharon.

>>: Aye.

>>: Steele.

>>: Aye.

>>: Stevens.

>>: Aye.

>>: Member Williams.

>>: Aye.

>>: It passes with 23 votes.

VERONICA LEWIS: Today focuses on our responsibilities for year one funds. We will get back to the community engagement

conversation and how we receive ideas from the community and county departments. Today is our responsibilities for year one.

Agenda items 5 and 7 will be combined under number seven. The brief information that the antiracism diversity and inclusion related to the equity piece. One of their key guiding principles will be discussed under Item 7. I wanted to share that we are still actively under the state issue waiver related to the brown act meetings being held virtually.

Moving onto four, we will hear an update from the ATI office about the compensation for community appointed members of the CFCI community.

>>: When the motion that created this committee was made, it directed us to the CEO to research applicable compensation structures or how other compensation was provided. They didn't provide authority. We have done research. We are submitting a board letter to request compensation for CFCI members. That will go before the board this coming Tuesday. It is for community members to be compensated. That would be non-county employees and labor members.

This is being presented for their approval. We have drafted the letter and submitted it. The person who serves the role as the member will receive the compensation. The request is for \$150 Per meeting. 5000 cap per fiscal year for the position.

Not 5000 per member and 5000 per alternate. Per the position. It will be determined who receives conversation is if

the alternate serves the role of member for the entire meeting, the alternate will be compensated. That is how that will be separated.

It is \$150 per meeting with the \$5,000 cap per fiscal year we have requested retroactive pay to go back to the beginning of the meetings. This letter is scheduled to go before the board this Tuesday the 25th.

Some of the reason why is that to compensate members, the ordinance must be amended. We need permission for county council to amend the ordinance. Want to explain some of the steps required. We have put this request in. Should be able to provide definitive response during the next meeting.

VERONICA LEWIS: Any comments or questions.

>>: Community member is not the board member appointed. 1 through 5 is not part of it.

>>: Board appointees would be community appointees and would receive compensation as well.

>>: You said non-county employees and folks that are nonlabor. Ever thing else is community.

>>: Yes.

VERONICA LEWIS: Reba.

>>: She cannot receive the \$150.

>>: That is correct.

>>: If you are a labor member, you cannot receive.

>>: That is correct.

>>: I think I am clear.

VERONICA LEWIS: Any other questions or comments related to this update? We will take a brief public comment for this item.

>>: We are into public comment for the most recent item. Compensation for board committee members. Community appointees to this advisory committee. On the phone, star nine to raise your hand. Star six to unmute. Remember to state your full name. Do we have anyone who wants to make a comment? We have Jack.

>>: Alternates that attend but don't fill in for the appointee will not receive compensation?

>>: I will answer this question. I hate to start this. We are not supposed to response to questions.

VERONICA LEWIS: Let us get through public comment first.

>>: Do we have anyone else who wants to make public comment? Laura.

>>: Hi. I am with white people for black lives. If we can have the meeting minutes transcribed and accessible that would be helpful. Thank you.

>>: Do we have any additional public comments on compensation for committee members?

VERONICA LEWIS: All of the details will be flushed out and in writing. Is that fair to say?

>>: Yes.

VERONICA LEWIS: It may be premature to respond to the questions. This information will be available to alternates. We

will have clarity at that time. Number six. The first committee that developed the plan adopted by the CEO, 50 million of those were allocated to potential jail and all things related to establish networks and capacity in the community housing and other supports to help people decarcerate and keep people from going into jails.

The group responsible for doing that is the jail closure implementation team. This is focused on year one of implementation. They'll share where they are in their process. Part is how the \$50 million of funds are going to be spent.

>>: Thank you for having me. This is my first time at the CFCI committee. I wanted to introduce myself. I recognize many names and faces. For those that don't know, I am Brandon. I have been with the county for 25 years.

I have worked in the area of child welfare mostly. I worked on the homeless initiative and some of the reforms in the jails in response to the lawsuit years ago. In terms of my philosophy, I believe that I need to have direct contact with people that are impacted by the justice system. We started to meet with people who are incarcerated.

Family members of people who have been incarcerated to find out how the county can serve their needs better and meet their needs in a community setting. In all my experience, we see issues cutting across many different services. Health services,

welfare. It is the same people who are touched by all those systems. We see the same problems.

Substance abuse. Mental health needs. Poverty. Part of what I see my job is to help coordinate county services better. We are touching the same individuals. I have been doing this job for four months. We have seen the jail population drop as low as 16 percent.

We have seen a slight uptick because of COVID-19. I am working to help monitor the census and try to put into place efforts to address people coming into the jail and get people out. I want to talk about the time frames of that work and how I plan to use some of the money. We want immediate impact.

We know there are people that could be better served in the community. The agencies don't have the ability to open a jail door. I can't say, let her come home with me. We need people with authority. The sheriff has some discretion. I see my job as an advocate. To crack the dam.

We are seeing movement in that regard. We are focused on women and people with gender issues. We are trying to identify women who we think we can go back to court and argue the release of them to programs. I plan to pay for two of those community providers. There are not a lot of pregnant women in jail today, but we think their condition warrants special attention and lifting them up to the court.



I have worked with the office of reentry. We will fund their maternal health program. We are going to fund ODR, RICMS reentry intensive case management services. We have worked with the state to address the number of people who were sentenced to state prison but are in county jail because of COVID-19.

The state made quite a backup. People were not able to start their programming. We can transfer well over a thousand people. That has stopped in the last few weeks. Omicron has restricted the transfers. We will get right back to it. We saw well over a thousand people.

Those are some immediate efforts. It will take more than these ad hoc programs to tear down the jail. We are developing long term plans. Investing in permanent supportive housing. Building relationships. We were on a call with an agency who can provide some experience on how to build up a system of peers and messengers. We hear that makes a difference. Someone who has been there and changed their life.

You see a significant increase in the participate in services. An increase in success and lack of returning to the jails. We know through our work that behavioral health services and mental health services are needed. I believe it to be true that almost 70 percent of the people had some health need.

As we build these services, it is to build up the system of mental health and behavioral health services. I have been trying

to go to meetings like this to meet and talk with people. We are going to be COVID-19 permitted holding community convenings.

We will interact with community members. I encourage you to come to the meetings with us. Provide us your feedback and input. We will have a plan to share with the public and stakeholders for comment and feedback on what you think we got right and wrong. I would encourage you to provide us your input directly.

Our first was filed in November of last year. You can find out. The second was filed in January 16th. That relates to recommendations from the general responsive advisory committee. I encourage you to watch for it. We will come middle of February.

Those are ways to keep in touch with our work to see what is going on and provide us feedback to let us know if you think we are on track or not. That is my presentation. I am available to answer questions. Thank you for letting me have this conversation with you.

VERONICA LEWIS: Thank you. We will take discussion from the committee members. We will have public comment once this is done. Joey?

>>: I want to thank you. I think I heard you correctly. You said people were experiencing gender issues. I want to clarify people that are non-binary and transgender are not. People have an issue with that. Not necessarily people having gender issues.

>>: Point well taken.

>>: These people are killed the most by police. They suffer violence the most. We want to be inclusive and loving and inviting.

>>: My issue is to lift up that population for special attention. I think Bambi is on the call. We met with the trans Latina coalition. My terminology was probably off. I apologize.

VERONICA LEWIS: Thank you. Other comments or questions from the members? Sophia?

>>: Thank you for the presentation. It is an urgent issue. I want to say, this is a life or death issue. There are still unanswered questions on how ... the closure of jail and conditions is very important to me and other people in this body.

I had a question about who is a part of the jail implementation. I am wondering if there are any community voices people with lived experience who are members of this and if the health advisory collaborative, to my understanding is made up of people impacted by incarceration, if they are being brought in.

>>: The team is small. We are county employees. We implement the recommendations that have come before us to start to achieve decarceration. The team members are four and a half. It is myself, Gina, Leslie from the health services department, and Stephanie. We have a part time person helping us named John. I would like you to get to know the team as we develop

relationships. He comes to us from the department of mental health. He will work with the ATI group. How we receive input from community stakeholders and those with lived experience, showing up and forums like this and talking with the public through meetings. We are holding small individual meetings with advocacy groups.

We get on a call. The four of us. COVID-19 has made it difficult. We have direct conversations. Some happen on a standing basis. There are several people here to today that we have had several conversations with and hope to have more. The best way to interact will be around our plan. People can see it. I would like to come back to groups like this to have discussion around the plan.

VERONICA LEWIS: Thank you.

>>: Thank you for being here today and sharing the information. I won't repeat what was said. We were on the same page with it. I am wondering. You mentioned four and a half members of your team. I don't hear where there are a table that is set for people with living experience to be a part of the plan. There is a saying. If you are not at the table, you are on the menu.

I am wondering to know how and when that will roll out. You said something interesting. You talked about those with behavioral issues. I didn't hear the department of mental health being a part of it. I want to know more about your connection.

How are you working with the department? Lastly, some of us may exit jail and need a place to live. Perhaps that is one area. What are we doing around the homeless system to make certain we are covering all bases?

>>: I will try to answer them. The department of mental health takes decarceration very seriously. I have talked to their director many times. They have designated a senior lead person who has decision making authority that is part of a county round table. I have conversations with him weekly.

The reason being is so many of the people who end up in jail do have behavioral health issues. Everything we do has to be well coordinated. A report said 60 to 70 percent of people without housing resources have touched the justice system. We have to build beds. There are existing beds today. We met with a provider. They have 30 to 40 beds for women that if we identify the right people and get a court order can put them there tomorrow.

Each person in jail has individual needs. We have to assess them and make sure we craft the particular service. It is not one size fits all. Some people can return home to their own homes. Some people can return to family. Some people will need beds.

If I missed something, I apologize.

>>: I don't want to take up too much time. I know from my work on prop 47, we did pass a great proposition. A lot of the

dollars got re-co-opted by law enforcement. They were trying to become the healers now.

Instead of recycling county staff, what are the efforts to hire people who are system impacted or are formally incarcerated into some of these roles you are considering in the spirit of healing and transformative justice.

I wanted to ask that question. Any appetite or energy for it. That is it.

>>: Great question. Right now, the only county staff that have been hired are me and the three and a half other people who are working on the team. All the money will go directly to service provision and community providers.

None of those providers of service is a law enforcement agency. We have to plan to give money to the sheriff. We do have to work closely with those people and advocate to see there is a better way to handle people in the jails now. The county team doesn't have the authority to release people from jail.

I do have to partner with him and help him understand. A person can do better in the community in an appropriate bed with services. The money, there is no plan to give the money to a law enforcement agency.

>>: Thank you for joining. I know you made this point about the heavy burden of people with issues. While we have seen a slight decline in the overall total population in the jail, the percent of the population with serious mental illness has

increased. There are more resources needed to provide the necessary support and housing to sustain that population. ODR has a model to make that work.

I want to request to over time, as the committee, give us information. What data do you need? Where are the pinpoints you are seeing? What are the gaps you are not able to fill? So we can take that into account as we develop the plan moving forward. I know for my team, that is a huge priority. We want to support you and the work of closing men's central jail. Please let us know what we can do and where you see the gaps.

>>: I want to say publicly, you have been a great partner. ODR has been an impactful program. I am happy to work with them. The point about the increase in mental health issues and custodies is a good one. The efforts have fallen unequally across the population of the jails.

People that did not have behavioral health issues got out quicker. People that did have been left behind. We saw black women during COVID-19 being released at a much lower rate than white men. We are trying to look at those differences to figure out why they happen. We want to meet those populations that didn't receive that release. This has to be a county effort. We are a four and a half person team. We are working the PD, APD, DPW. We have to address some physical plan conditions. DPH has a role.

We have been working with Dr. Ferrera. We probably need to expand the net more. I believe DPSS has a lot to offer to this population. It is all the same people. All of our efforts are touching on the same people. Issues are common. Mental health issues, substance abuse issues.

We have to work together. I am a little frustrated with our lack of ability to coordinate. I am finding out about other programs that are being done in the silos. I am trying to get us all on the same page. There are a few more hands. I was going to ask you about DPSS. They are a critical piece.

I hope you can bring them into the fold. We may schedule for you to come back quarterly. DPSS is critical for these people. Sophia.

>>: I am wondering if you can confirm whether building new jails is an option. I am wondering if you can clear that up. If you can address whether it is a strategy for incarceration.

>>: Building a new jail or facility is not pardon me of the charge. The direction I received from the board was clear. I am not to consider that as a potential option. We need to build beds. Anything I am involved in will not be building a jail. I am not looking to spend CFCI money on electronic monitoring. I don't have the key to the door. I can't open it.

The sheriff is saying they are willing to release some people. They are willing to release them on condition of electronic monitoring. I need him to use his authority. I want



to say a few things. If anything involves electronic monitoring should be for the shortest time possible. We should go back to court as soon as they are released.

Going back to the court and getting orders to remove the monitor. Anything we do has to be closely studied. We don't want unintended consequences. We want to find out what the impacts are. We are looking at alternatives to electronic monitoring to see if there are other ways to incentivize court attendance.

Closing thing, I see them as if used as a stopgap and interim measure to get people to have trust in the services. Once the courts know our programs work, they won't need that extra assurance. It may be a way to get people out sooner than later.

VERONICA LEWIS: We have a few more.

>>: Hi. Thank you for the presentation. I would like for us to account for immigration court proceedings and how oftentimes people that see themselves at the twin towers are part of that system. Are you taking that into account and making sure we have partners at the table as well?

>>: We have not thought much yet about this. I talked about how each person in the jails is an individual with individual needs. I need to talk to people to highlight issues. I will take that back and include it in our plan and try to find out more information. If you have information for me to look at, send it to my e-mail.

>>: Great. Thanks.

>>: Thank you for the presentation and work you have been doing to make sure this is the best process. You raised a really valid and truthful concern regarding the different departments. They function by themselves. To think about how can we make a call to action to make this happen. This makes everyone work harder to accomplish.

We are working for the people. Not necessarily to enhance our department budgets. I wanted to reiterate that. That is a concern of the community to think about.

>>: You all have done a good job creating the call to action. It has led the board to take actions. I think it is my job to continue that call and work with other departments to make sure they are focused on this issue. I said you need to designate a person who is responsible for the county wide task of closure of the jail. They each gave me a name. I need to continue to do that. I think I am the person right now who has to make sure those other people remain focused on that issue. I like the suggestion of me coming here to report quarterly.

VERONICA LEWIS: We look forward to the formal strategic plan and pushing to ensure meaningful coordination and collaboration. Strengthening the things that do work well. We will take public comment at this time. We needed to conclude our member discussion. We will now take public comment.

>>: We are entering public comment for the presentation on closing men's central jail. Raise your hand to participate. Star nine to raise your hand. Star six to unmute.

>>: Thank you. I would like to direct my comment to Brandon and the people with ODR and people getting involved, there are staffing shortages. There are some extreme shortages in the department of mental health. In our zeal, it is important that people with mental illness get placed in the appropriate placement with clinicians and people trained to help them.

I worry that we will place people with providers that can't handle mental health issues. It doesn't do good to have someone relapse.

>>: Thank you. We have TK next.

>>: Thank you. I want to thank Joey for the land acknowledgment. Wondering how CFCI funds will be used for the jail closure decarceration strategies. They should not be used for electronic monitoring. Disproportionate number of Latinx and black Angelinos are subjected to this. If funds are used to bolster communities that are underserved, the body must take steps to ensure they are not used to perpetuate discrimination.

>>: Thank you.

>>: Thank you. I am new to this. I have a family member that is severely affected by mental health. I have seen the obstacles of treatment. First responders, their hands are tied. We need first responders that are equipped to handle the

situation. There is a dated questionnaire. Do you have thoughts of hurting yourself and others?

There will be a meeting for strategic plans. Where do I look for that? I would appreciate that.

>>: Thank you. Next is Jim.

>>: I would like to say that I hope this board will not use CFCI funds to direct towards incarceration. That is another form. The funds should be used for care and support and not surveillance. It sounds like CFCI advisory body members have mentioned that more community input must be included in the plans. Aside from meetings, how does the JCIT plan on soliciting more participation. Their insight and experience is invaluable.

>>: Thank you. Up next is Jack.

>>: I was listening to the comments. I understood what he was saying. Of your four and a half staff, have any done time? If we are talking about fixing the system, why are we doing the same routine?